It’s Monday morning again and you drag yourself through the sunrise rituals. For some, a shower and coffee are the beginning and end of the routine. For others, a quick pit stop at the bathroom mirror reveals a tired, dull, or plain face that could use a non-caffeinated boost! I’ve heard many women say, “I just don’t have time to put on makeup every morning,” without realizing that fabulous females on the go can give themselves a 5 minute makeover! With the right tools at your disposal, you can put your best face forward every day. If you’re one of the many women who get frazzled even thinking about what products to choose, don’t worry. At the end of this article, I will list products you can use for the 5 minute makeover. The following steps below will help you to achieve that fresh, vibrant look that lets the world know you are ready for anything:
To maximize time effectively, I tell women to keep their favorite facial cleansers in the shower, as clean faces are the first steps toward any sort of makeup application. It is especially important to follow up with a good moisturizer that compliments various skin types (i.e. oil-free, sensitive, combination, and dry.)
- Use a good face primer, which evens out facial lines and gives the skin a smoother appearance. You will only need a dime sized amount of primer on your face, making sure to concentrate on areas around the nose, forehead, and mouth.
- If you’re a novice, use a foundation sponge (experts can use a foundation brush) to quickly and evenly apply a quarter sized dollop of foundation. Drier skins tend to need liquid foundations, while cream foundations work better with oily or combination skin. Blend! Blend! Blend! You must blend your foundation all over your face (and please include your lips and the chin/neck area.) If you have redness or dark spots, dab a tiny sized drop of concealer over the spots and pat the concealer in with your finger.
- Apply a translucent face powder to set your makeup.
- Use dark brown eyeliner on the top eyelid and smudge it with a Q-tip. Follow up with a quick sweep of a neutral eye shadow from lid to brown bone. Try golden colors for lighter skin and bronze colors for darker skin tones. Follow up with one coat of mascara.
- Lastly, use a lip gloss to make your lips stand out!
Tools to help you look your best:
Face primer: I like Smashbox, available at Sephora, Ulla, or select department stores. It comes in oil-free and regular formulas. L’Oreal Studio Secrets Face Primer is great for drier skin, and can be purchased at mass merchandise stores like Target and Wal-Mart.
Foundation, Concealer, Face Powder, Eyeliner, Eye Shadow, Mascara, and Lip Gloss: If you go with a department store or beauty store foundation, try M.A.C., Nars, or Clinique. L’Oreal True Match, and both Covergirl and the Covergirl Queen Collection provide excellent results. You can purchase liners, eye shadows, mascaras, sponges, and brushes pretty much anywhere and get the same results. For lip glosses, choose those which contain oils that keep your lips moisturized and kissable!
Now you have the steps to achieve the 5 minute makeover. You also have no excuses! Looking good from head to toe not only lets the world see you mean business, but also makes you feel fabulous about yourself! Don’t you deserve that?