It’s been a real drag around these parts. I still miss my boy Prince, and I’ve been playing his music non-stop since he died. Since I haven’t been feeling all that fabulous, I decided to finally try out the Dermal Korea Collagen Essence Facial Mask Sheets that I ordered weeks ago via Amazon. My skin is dry and because I’d been a little neglectful in recent weeks, I knew I needed to get back on track with using a moisturizer for my face and neck.
The facial mask sheets from Korea are really popular right now, and extremely easy to use (as well as economical). My sheets contained aloe, and after figuring out how to accurately spread the almost sopping wet mask over my face (yes, this mask is literally a sheet that contains the serum), I put the timer on 20 minutes and waited to see how my skin would feel later. Well, here’s what I discovered:
- The mask felt really cool on my skin and had a pleasant smell that wasn’t overpowering.
- Smoothing out the mask so that it fit around my nose, mouth, eyes, hairline, and jawbone was a little difficult. The mask is really thin, and I was afraid that it would tear but it was surprisingly sturdy.
- You should shut the bathroom door or warn anyone before they see you. I looked like I was wearing the mask of Michael Myers.
- After 20 minutes, I thought the mask would have dried out but instead, it was still wet. I guess I thought it would have hardened at some point.
- My skin felt SOOOOOOOOO GOOD!! My skin felt like a newborn baby. My skin felt like silk. My skin felt like it should have had its own theme song! Did I say how hydrated my skin felt? The “used” mask still contained serum, which I applied to my neck (never neglect the neck).
So for under $10, I got a hydrating facial and I still have 9 masks left (there were ten in my order). I noticed that there were several formulas from the brand, including Green Tea, Cucumber, and Vitamin. This is my new at-home beauty fix!
Until next time,